[one-users] Using OpenNebula for Linux desktops

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 07:51:19 PST 2014

Hi,

I am currently evaluating OpenNebula for running KVM virtual machines which will be used as Linux desktops with the SPICE protocol. For now I have tried Fedora 20 as a desktop system with KDE and SPICE (using remote viewer) but I am quite disappointed with the performance. The desktop reacts quite slowly even basic things like displaying the main menu and using the terminal even on a 1 Gig LAN.

So does anyone out there really use OpenNebula for this purpose with success? and are there any recommendations for speeding up things in order to make it really usable.

Cheers,
M.L.