[one-users] Sunstone image upload to Ceph

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Fri Feb 21 03:58:40 PST 2014

Hi Jaime,
On 21/02/14 20:01, Jaime Melis wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> no, it doesn't support this feature. To be honest, I don't think
> removing that ssh connection will actually be that much of a
> performance gain, especially since registering images is not a very
> frequent operation.

Well, I guess it depends on the scenario.  I noticed on a 16GB image the
ssh-to-self process took a few minutes.

> However, that being said, one of the great things about OpenNebula is
> that you can hack to make it work like you expect/want it to. I've
> written a small patch that will make the image creation script work as
> you propose:
>
> https://gist.github.com/9131673 (Apply that patch to
> /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/ceph/cp)
>
> Please keep in mind that I have *not* tested this, so use it with
> caution, but I think it's what you want.

This is true, and one of the reasons we choose it over something
off-the-shelf like VMWare.  Ruby isn't my forté, but nothing stops me
from learning and getting my hands dirty.

I'll have a look at that patch on Monday when I'm next at work.

Thanks.
Stuart Longland
Contractor
     _ ___
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619
 \/ | \ |     38b Douglas Street    F: +61 7 3535 9699
   SYSTEMS    Milton QLD 4064       http://www.vrt.com.au