[one-users] OpenNebula and ceph: why "rbd copy" rather than "rbd clone"?

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Feb 21 01:35:27 PST 2014

Hi Stuart,

The initial OpenNebula Ceph driver implementation used "rbd copy"
instead of "rbd clone"
basically for simplicity reasons. The driver has evolved (thanks to a
patch submitted by Bill Campbell) and it now uses "rbd clone" as you
suggest:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2568

The code will be available in OpenNebula 4.6, but if you want to try
it out right away, it's merged into the master branch, so you can git
clone and compile.

cheers,
Jaime