[one-users] Contextualization of a VM with Centos 5.X

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 5 03:17:37 PST 2014

One way you can do this is creating the packages in that version of
the distribution. The source of the context packages come with the
source code, in directory "share/scripts/context-packages". There you
can find information on how to build them in the README file [1] and
some more information in the documentation page [2].

To create the packages for CentOS the command will be:

$ PACKAGE_TYPE=rpm ./generate.sh

[1] https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/share/scripts/context-packages/README.md
[2] http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/user/virtual_machine_setup/cong.html#generating-custom-contextualization-packages

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Fernando Felix-Redondo
<fernando.felix at esa.int> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to deploy a bunch of VMs with CentOS 5.9 on my ONE
> infrastructure but I'm facing the problem that I'm not able to install
> the opennebula-context package because is built for the CentOS 6.X and
> the system complaints about the rpmlib versions.
>
> Is there anywhere an opennebula-context package suitable for CentOS
> 5.X or any alternative to install the contextualization tools, please?
>
> Regards
> Fernando
> --
> Fernando Felix-Redondo  [ISDEFE, S.A.]  | fernando.felix at esa.int  |
> Phone: +34 91 813 1368
> SMOS DPGS Operations
> Computer Systems and Reliability Engineer

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan