[one-users] Recovering opennebula 4.8 with missing .one/one_auth file

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Dec 11 02:01:07 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Steven C Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

>  I recently had to restore my system from backup but forgot to include
> the .one/
> directory in the backups.. thus I have no one_auth file at the moment for
> the oneadmin user.
> Without that, OpenNebula won't start and thus  I can't do oneuser login
> which is what I would
> need to re-create it.
>
>  oneadmin user is currently using x.509 authentication.
> Any way to reset it to core authentication in the current state?
>
>  Steve

You need to stop oned and edit the body column for the oneadmin user, to
set the new auth_driver and password elements.

This is my xml for the password 'a'.

<USER>
  <ID>0</ID>
  <GID>0</GID>
  <GROUPS>
    <ID>0</ID>
  </GROUPS>
  <GNAME>oneadmin</GNAME>
  <NAME>oneadmin</NAME>
  <PASSWORD>86f7e437faa5a7fce15d1ddcb9eaeaea377667b8</PASSWORD>
  <AUTH_DRIVER>core</AUTH_DRIVER>
  <ENABLED>1</ENABLED>
  <LOGIN_TOKEN/>
  <TEMPLATE>

<TOKEN_PASSWORD><![CDATA[4a3f653c2affc3477ebd7881883b17e78410bd74]]></TOKEN_PASSWORD>
  </TEMPLATE>
</USER>

Best regards,
Carlos.