[one-users] VMware networking w/o Nsx?

Tino Vazquez cvazquez at c12g.com
Wed Aug 13 02:29:40 PDT 2014

Hi Lucas,

> Now the question is, does opennebula support the automatic creation of
> portgroups and their associated Vlans (on a distributed vswitch or in a
> pinch replicated among all relevant standard hosts vswitches) without
> needing VMware NSX?

I can confirm that OpenNebula interacting with a ESX hypervisor, using
the dynamic network mode [1], will create portgroups -if needed-
associated with VLANs in each ESX where the VM is placed, without
requiring NSX.

What version of OpenNebula are you using? We recommend using the
latest stable version, v4.8, just released [2].

Let us know about the state of your installation, we will happily help
you to achieve a successful PoC.

Best,

-Tino

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.8/administration/virtualization/evmwareg.html
[2] http://opennebula.org/opennebula-4-8-lemon-slice-is-out/

Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
Senior Infrastructure Architect at C12G Labs
www.c12g.com | @C12G | es.linkedin.com/in/tinova

--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is