[one-users] 2 problems in VMs

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 23:15:45 PDT 2014

Hello Sudeep,

I don't know what version of OpenNebula are you using. I have tested on my
setup,
which uses 4.4. The following might not apply in your case. See inline.

> [oneadmin at front ~]$ oneimage chmod 33 664
>

> [oneadmin at front ~]$ oneimage show 33
> IMAGE 33
> INFORMATION
> ID             : 33
> NAME           : win7_sys
> USER           : oneadmin
> GROUP          : oneadmin
> DATASTORE      : default
> TYPE           : OS
> REGISTER TIME  : 07/30 14:49:49
> PERSISTENT     : No
> SOURCE         :
> /var/lib/one//datastores/1/0f72c7f0cd7fdc78f53b4fdbd2edb008
> PATH           : /home/wind.qcow2
> SIZE           : 9G
> STATE          : rdy
> RUNNING_VMS    : 0
>
> PERMISSIONS
>
> OWNER          : um-
> GROUP          : u--
> OTHER          : ---
>
> IMAGE
> TEMPLATE
> DEV_PREFIX="hd"
> DRIVER="qcow2"

According to the above output it seems like oneimage chmod didn't change the
permissions.

I think they should resemble the following:
PERMISSIONS
OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : um-
OTHER          : u--

Can you try chmod-ing again, if it still doesn't work maybe it's a bug.

Best,
Valentin