[one-users] Application Deployment with OpenNebula ?

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 30 03:28:58 PDT 2014

OpenNebula does not have a direct instegration with the miriad of
tools to install and manage the guest OS (chef, puppet, ansible,
saltstack, etc) but using the contextualization [1] this should not be
difficult.

We have recently added a post where we describe an integration with
Puppet [2]. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Cheers

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/user/virtual_machine_setup/bcont.html
[2] http://opennebula.org/automatic-configuration-of-vms-with-puppet/

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Eloi - CODE42 <eloi at code42.fr> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I would like to know if it is possile to deploy applications on VM with
> OpenNebula because I can’t find any information about that.
>
> I know that some contextualization can be done (such as hostname, IP address
> for instance) when creating a template. But what about services and
> application deployment ?
> Is it possible to do it with OpenNebula in the kind of way that OpenStack
> HOT does it ? For instance, you would have a template with a specific os
> specified, but you can also have a specific services like wordpress or mysql
> specified in the template, with parameters such as the software version,
> root & users login, ect.
>

> I have also looked at oneflow for and elasticity, but it doesn’t deploy
> applications on vm.
>
> Did I missed something ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Javier Fontán Muiños