[one-users] GlusterFS datastore

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 30 02:41:57 PDT 2014

GlusterFS support was added to libvirt in version 0.7 and in qemu for
version 1.3 (I'm not sure about this one). Still CentOS version of
qemu-kvm package has lots of backports (a whooping 4000+ patches) and
gluster support is one of them.

You will also have to check if the packages for your distro have
GlusterFS support as not every distro compile it by default.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM, ML mail <mlnospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all congrats for the release of ONE v4.6!
>
> Reading the 4.6 documentation about GlusterFS DS I see the following warning:
>
> "The hypervisor nodes need to be part of a working GlusterFS cluster and the Libvirt and QEMU packages need to be recent enough to have support for GlusterFS."
>
> What is for you "recent enough" for the Libvirt and QEMU packages? Can you mention a minimal version for both packages? I am using Debian 7 and have the following packages:
>
> qemu-kvm                           1.1.2+dfsg-6+deb7u1
>
> libvirt0                           0.9.12.3-1
>

> are these recent enough?
>
> Regards
> ML

Javier Fontán Muiños