[one-users] OpenNebula and OVA files support

Alvaro Simon asimon at cesga.es
Thu Apr 10 23:38:08 PDT 2014

Hi Jaime, Carlo

We have also tried this script but the dd command in our case fails
using these options "conv=notrunc oflag=seek_bytes", so finally we have
downloaded the latest qemu source code from github [1] and we have
compiled it. The new version is now patched and it works fine with VMKD3
images :-) and we don't need to install virtualbox package.

> $ ./qemu-img -V
> qemu-img version 1.7.92, Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Fabrice Bellard
> usage: qemu-img command [command options]
> QEMU disk image utility

The new compiled qemu-img binary is now available from our frontend to
convert our images and we don't need to change Jamie's code :-)

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/Download

Cheers and thanks!
Alvaro