[one-users] 4.6 changes overview

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Mon Apr 7 14:11:21 PDT 2014

Quoting Robert Schweikert (rjschwei at suse.com):
> Hi,
>
> Trying to set up the 4.5.80 sources as beta packages in the
> Cloud:OpenNebula:Testing in the openSUSE Build service. I had little
> time to keep up with development since the 4.4. release and the
> linked release notes [1] are still dead.
I found these:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/release_notes/release_notes_46beta/index.html

> I could use a quick rundown on the structural changes to the code base.
>
> Looks like ozones has disappeared, what does that mean/imply?
It's been superseded by "zones" and "federation". Same idea, new
implementation. Federation is new: it's now possible to administer multiple
"zones" with one interface [1].
> Previously I had an opennebula-ozones package for those that needed
> to enable zones for their cloud. There are a bunch of new services:

Econe and occi are not new, oneflow/onegate where introduced in ONE 4.2.

> /usr/lib/systemd/system/econe.service
EC2 compatible API for OpenNebula [2].
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/occi.service
Open Cloud Computing Interface for OpenNebula [3].
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/oneflow.service
Automatic scale-up / scale-down of VM's / App's based on "elasticity"
rules. [4].
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/onegate.service
Let me quote the doc's here "OneGate allows Virtual Machine guests to
push monitoring information to OpenNebula. Users and administrators can
use it to gather metrics, detect problems in their applications, and
trigger OneFlow auto-scaling rules." [5].

Gr. Stefan

[1]:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/advanced_administration/data_center_federation/federationconfig.html#federationconfig
[2]:http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/advanced_administration/public_cloud/ec2qcg.html