[one-users] Assigning limited admin rights

Wilma Hermann wilma.hermann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:35:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the info, it was very useful. I'm still having two issues:

   1. The default group of a new user is the same as the creating user's
   one. I would like to have new users in the "users" group by default. Is
   there a way to change this behavior?
   2. In Sunstone, the user doing the user management does not see the
   existing groups even though he ought to. I created an ACL "#<user_id>
   GROUP/* USE+MANAGE+ADMIN", but still the list of groups I can assign to a
   user through Sunstone is empty (Even the string "Please select" does not
   appear). On the command line, a "oneuser chgrp" works flawlessly using this
   account, so I guess it's a bug in Sunstone.

Greetings
Wilma

http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/integration/system_interfaces/api.html#authorization-requests-reference

http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/users_and_groups/manage_acl.html

>> Cheers
>>
>> Ruben
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Wilma Hermann <wilma.hermann at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to assign limited admin rights to certain accounts? I
>>> would like to have a user that is allowed to do all the user
>>> management (creating users, adding users to existing groups, etc.)
>>> without adding this user to the oneadmin-group. In particular, I would
>>> like to deny this user access to all other users' VMs, templates,
>>> images, etc. The user also shouldn't have write-access to the ACLs
>>> (otherwise limits would make no sense obviously).
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>> Wilma