[one-users] Assigning limited admin rights

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 4 01:34:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

Adding to what Rubén said, the acl modification is only allowed for users
in the oneadmin group.

Make sure you use the reference command-auth tables in the xml-rpc doc [1]
to create your rules.

For example, oneuser passwd requires USER:MANAGE. The rule "#<user_id>
USER/* USE+MANAGE+ADMIN" will allow your user to change oneadmin's password.
In this case, you will want to create a rule targeting each group
(excluding oneadmin).

Regards

[1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/integration/system_interfaces/api.html#authorization-requests-reference