[one-users] System datastore overcommitment

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 8 02:15:11 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Ondrej Hamada <ondrej.hamada at acision.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I want to deploy my VM on a host whose system datastore has less space
> than is supposed maximum size of my images. But since I'm using qcow2
> images and there is quite huge reserve, I would like to deploy these
> machines despite they can not pass the check. I also need regular users
> to be able to deploy these machines - so deploying them manually under
> oneadmin  account is not what i'm looking for. Is there some way how to
> let users deploy such VMs?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --
> Ondrej Hamada

We have support for the opposite, LIMIT_MB lets you put a lower limit [1].
But a negative limit will not work here, the scheduler will pick the lower
value between free_mb and limit_mb - used_mb.

In your case, you can modify the monitoring scripts. Just return any
FREE_MB value that works for you in
/var/lib/one/remotes/im/<driver>-probes.d/monitor_ds.sh.

Don't forget to execute 'onehost sync --force' [2] after you modify the
drivers, otherwise the changes will not be copied to the hosts.

Regards

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/references/ds_conf.html
[2]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/hosts_and_clusters/host_guide.html#sync