[one-users] Opennebula and openvswitch problem.

Leszek Master keksior at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:42:06 PDT 2014

I've installed opennebula and got it working with flat network, but i need
to set up working openvswitch networking in my cloud. So i followed the
manual from opennebula docs but i've got error while creating VM:

[VMM][I]: error: Unable to add bridge br0 port vnet0: Operation not
supported

I've created bridge with ovs-vsctl add-br br0 and adding port ovs-vsctl
add-port br0 eth1.

I'm using -n ovswitch while adding VM hypervisors

In the manual (
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/networking/openvswitch.html)
there is this:

   - ovswitch: Recommended for kvm hosts. Only works with kvm. Doesn't
   require the Open vSwitch compatibility layer for Linux
bridging<http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.bridge;hb=HEAD>
   .
   - ovswitch_brcompat: Works with kvm and xen. This is the only set that
   currently works with xen. Not recommended for kvm. Requires Open vSwitch
   compatibility layer for Linux
bridging<http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.bridge;hb=HEAD>
   .

But only solution to my problem found in the internet is telling me to
enable brcompat in my openvswitch. (
http://n40lab.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/unable-to-add-bridge-brx-port-vnetx-invalid-argument-or-operation-not-supported/)
and it's not working.

Please help me solving my problem.