[one-users] Sunstone endpoint for VDC

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Thu Sep 19 03:20:14 PDT 2013

Quoting Tino Vazquez (cvazquez at c12g.com):
> > VDC cli interface does work (export
> > ONE_XMLRPC="http://localhost:2633/RPC2" and export
> > ONE_AUTH=~/.one/one_vdc).
>
> In this case you are not using the oZones reverse proxy functionality,
> but rather accessing OpenNebula directly. You should use an endpoint
> of the form
>
> ONE_XMLRPC="http://ozones-server/TESTVDC01"

Ah, I see.

> > I haven't setup the Apache server like [2] but made per vhost reverse
> > proxies. What port and URI should be hit by the proxy on the backend site when
> > hitting "http://ozones.server/sunstone_MyVDC/"  on the frontend?
>
> I don't think your use case is supported. You see, the ozones server
> talks with the apache server via a .htaccess file, where it is
> dynamically setting reverse proxy rules for each created VDC. So,
> after creating TESTVDC01, a couple of lines are written in the
> .htaccess file so apache knows that when a request comes for
>
> http://ozones-server/sunstone_TESTVDC01
>
> it should redirect to
>
> http://sunstone-server:9869
>
> where sunstone-server is the Sunstone endpoint defined by the zone
> that contains TESTVDC01. 9869 is the default Sunstone port, which can
> be changed as well upon VDC creation.

I just created another vhost "vdc.domain.tld" and the rewrite rules of
.htacess are applied when hitting this vhost. So, you can make it work,
you just need more vhosts :). Thanks for reminding me about this
.htaccess file, it makes sense now.

Thanks,

Stefan

BTW: I believe the figure in [1] is in error. "VDC Pool" is not a seperate entity next
to "Zone Pool" but within the "Zone Pool".

[1]:
http://opennebula.org/_detail/documentation:rel3.4:ozones-arch-v3.4.png?id=documentation%3Arel4.2%3Aozones