[one-users] Sunstone endpoint for VDC

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Tue Sep 17 05:51:10 PDT 2013

Hi list,

I'm in the process of testing the OpenNebula oZones / VDC functionality.
My setup is as follows:

- 2 hosts, with 1 one of them in a cluster "TESTCLUST01", 1 in default
cluster.
- a zone "TESTZONE01" using resources from "TESTCLUST01"
- a VDC "TESTVDC01" within zone "TESTZONE01".

I have several apache vhosts (listening on *:443) acting as reverse (SSL) proxy:

- ozones (reverse proxying to http://127.0.0.1:6121)
- sunstone (reverse proxying to http://172.16.0.183:9869
- occi (reverse proxying to http://127.0.0.1:4567)

These end points all work correctly (occi API works, sunstone works,
ozones web GUI works).

Creating the zone, cluster and vdc goes fine. However, the Sunstone
Endpoint for the VDC "TESTVDC01" is not working. If I understand the
documentation correctly [1] I should point my browser to  the sunstone
endpoint. In my case http(s)://sunstone.domain.tld/sunstone_TESTVDC01/
The response I get is:

"Sinatra doesn’t know this ditty.
Try this:

get '/sunstone_TESTVDC01/' do
  "Hello World"
 end

VDC cli interface does work (export
ONE_XMLRPC="http://localhost:2633/RPC2" and export
ONE_AUTH=~/.one/one_vdc).

sunstone.log:
"GET /sunstone_TESTVDC01/ HTTP/1.1" 404 456 0.0024
ozones-server.log
"GET /zone/user?timeout=true HTTP/1.1" 200 19672 0.0189

I haven't setup the Apache server like [2] but made per vhost reverse
proxies. What port and URI should be hit by the proxy on the backend site when
hitting "http://ozones.server/sunstone_MyVDC/"  on the frontend?

Thanks,

Stefan

[1]: http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:vdcmngt (section