[one-users] OpenNebula with additional storage

Amier Anis mymabma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 04:41:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to know how I should implement the datastore if I have 2
different size of storage but with same datastore types (shared FS). As I
know I need to I need to mount the target datastore to very hosts.

However, I little bit confuse on the datastore structure and where to mount
the the first datastore1 (192.168.8.11) and 2nd datastore2 (192.168.8.12).
Is that correct if i mount the datastore like this at every node?

*Method 1*

   1. datastore1 to /var/lib/one/datastore/0
   2. datastore2 to /var/lib/one/datastore/1

or i need to like this

*Method 2*

   1. datastore1 to /var/lib/one/datastore/1
   2. datastore2 to /var/lib/one/datastore/2

Is the /var/lib/one/datastore/0 is for frontend use? how much space we need
if we have 1TB of datastore or VM?

Is there any specfic number that I must use and cannot use to mount the
datastore?

How do i set the additional datastore?

Hope you can advise further.

OpenNebula : 4.x