[one-users] Datastores

Tino Vazquez cvazquez at c12g.com
Tue Sep 17 03:21:24 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

>When upgrade my first test installation from 4.0 à 4.2  it changed those definitions from /vmfs/voluems to >/var/lib/one/datastores

Are you sure about this? Because the migrators from 4.0 to 4.2 doesn't
change the datastore templates.

> That’s exactly what happened , and on a clean install of 4.0 I was able to
> modify oned.conf and change the default datastore to /vmfs/volumes and it
> modified the original settings to use that for system(0) and images(1)
>
> But on a clean install of 4.2 – it made me create new DS’s and assign new
> system(102) and images(103) to the cluster so as not to use 0/1/2 which only
> expected local datastores.

You are absolutely right. The only way in 4.2 to make a datastore
using a DATASTORE_LOCATION other than "/var/lib/one/datastores" is to
add it to a cluster with a DATASTORE_LOCATION set in its template.

I've opened a bug to keep track of the solution:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2326

Thanks for the feedback!

-Tino