[one-users] [one-user] AppFlow 4.2 Scalling Function

Naza naza1715 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 01:52:03 PDT 2013

In the opennebula sunstone oneflow service elasticity policies, it says
that

# Periods = Number of periods that the expression must be true before the
elasticity is triggered

Period = Duration, in seconds, of each period in '# Periods'

My configuration as follow (refer to the attachment)

# Periods = 3
Period = 60

I instantiate this template.

When I run 'oneflow show' command it shows:

nebula at z2-hn01:~$ oneflow show 4
SERVICE 4
INFORMATION
ID                  : 4
NAME                : test-oneflow-service
USER                : nebula
GROUP               : oneadmin
STRATEGY            : straight
SERVICE STATE       : RUNNING
SHUTDOWN            : shutdown

PERMISSIONS

OWNER               : um-
GROUP               : ---
OTHER               : ---

ROLE frontend
ROLE STATE          : RUNNING
VM TEMPLATE         : 3
CARNIDALITY         : 1
MIN VMS             : 1
MAX VMS             : 1
COOLDOWN            : 15s
SHUTDOWN            : shutdown
NODES INFORMATION
 VM_ID NAME                    STAT UCPU    UMEM HOST
TIME
    21 frontend_0_(service_4)  runn    0      8G z2-nc06                0d
01h01

ROLE db_master
ROLE STATE          : RUNNING
PARENTS             : frontend
VM TEMPLATE         : 4
CARNIDALITY         : 2
MIN VMS             : 1
MAX VMS             : 3
COOLDOWN            : 15s
SHUTDOWN            : shutdown
NODES INFORMATION
 VM_ID NAME                    STAT UCPU    UMEM HOST
TIME
    22 db_master_0_(service_4) runn    0      8G z2-nc05                0d
00h59
    23 db_master_1_(service_4) runn    0      8G z2-nc04                0d
00h22

ELASTICITY RULES

ADJUST       EXPRESSION                                       EVALS PERIOD
COOL
+ 1          MEM_USED_PERC[2.8] > 1.5                         37 /
3s   60s
+ 1          DISK_USED_PERC_SDA2[--] > 50                     0 / 6
3s   60s

LOG
MESSAGES
09/04/13 15:26 [I] New state: DEPLOYING
09/04/13 15:31 [I] New state: RUNNING
09/04/13 16:05 [I] Role db_master scaling up from 1 to 2 nodes
09/04/13 16:05 [I] New state: SCALING
09/04/13 16:07 [I] New state: COOLDOWN
09/04/13 16:08 [I] New state: RUNNING

Questions:
1) EVALS value is truncated when it has to digit number (37)
2) I set 'Period = 60' but it shows 3s
3) I set '# Periods = 3' but it shows 6
4) Refer to the LOG, it took about half an hour to scale up. I am not sure
why it is not after (# Periods * Period) which is about 3 minutes (3 *
60s).

Please correct me if I misunderstand the oneflow settings.

Regards,
Naza