[one-users] Fwd: VM migration between clouds (Tino Vazquez)

aok pan aokpan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 11:04:17 PDT 2013

Dear Tino ,
Actually i am having the two open nebula clouds installed on my two laptops
(Dell 1 Terra hard Ram 8 GB Core I7) yes both are on the same network .
actually i am doing this migration as it is a task ( project that is needed
from me to implement at college) but as i have no experience i used open
Nebula help.
so please be patient with me as i am i need to do this migration of the VM
by this i will be finished from my task.
i tried to do the following please tell em if right or wrong. and if right
pleaase tell me how i can solve the problem .

   1. first step: $ su
   2. then enter the password of the server
   3. in our case : amira30
   4. then $ su - oneadmin
   5. this will appear :[oneadmin at localhost ~]
   6. then write the following command :oneuser show
   7. this will appear :

USER 0
INFORMATION
ID             : 0
NAME           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
PASSWORD       : b1b3773a05c0ed0176787a4f1574ff0075f7521e
AUTH_DRIVER    : core
ENABLED        : Yes
USER
TEMPLATE
RESOURCE USAGE & QUOTAS

su
to go to the root and then write the following command
$vim /var/lib/one/.one/occi_auth
the file will appear for you  press insert
and then write :oneadmin:b1b3773a05c0ed0176787a4f1574ff0075f7521e
the after theh one admin is the <password we got from oneuser show 0
command up>
after you finish to save what you have added press <escape button then x>

then
$ occi-server start

then $install yum install curl

now to create vm.xml file write the following:
$vim vm.xml
the white screen of the file will open
press i
then paste the following data:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  <COMPUTE>
      <NAME>test</NAME>
      <INSTANCE_TYPE>medium</INSTANCE_TYPE>
      <DISK>