[one-users] vnc via proxy web server

Hector Sanjuan lists at convivencial.org
Thu Oct 24 14:36:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:48:46 +0200, Wojciech Giel
<wojciech.giel at cimr.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> if I configure hypervisors with vnc over ssl (libvirt-vnc) how to marry
> sunstone proxy vnc with ssl vnc on hypervisor. is it possible with
> current version of sunstone?

websockify has a --ssl-target option which is supposed to handle ssl
connection with the target hosts. However the wrapping is basic and does
not support any advanced options, to the point it actually does not even
seem to force require of a certificate on the other  side, nor verifying
it, judging from the call to wrap_socket here:

https://github.com/kanaka/websockify/blob/b4e0b534d5d04d57265045b4baf49dd81555064b/websockify/websocket.py#L204

and the wrap_socket doc here:

http://docs.python.org/2/library/ssl.html

So if you want something more ellaborate you may need to customize
websockify to fit your needs (seems an easy enough patch) or look for
other alternatives.

--
Hector Sanjuan
@hecsanjuan