[one-users] Some questions about overcommitment in OpenNebula 4.2 using KVM

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 16 14:32:40 PDT 2013

>  libvirt uses cgroups, so yes, it does.
>>
> cgroups do not seem to be enabled with kvm. Am I correct in assuming this?

Yes it is configured by default. You have to enable it in the hypervisors,
though

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:kvmg#working_with_cgroups_optional

> Hi,
>
> This didn't work for me. I'm running 4.2. The scheduler has a capacity
> test (see below). Any idea where the code for "get_requirements" lives?

Note that you have to do onehost sync to propagate the changes (or copy
manually the new probes). And then wait for the hosts to be monitored. This
approach should work without modifying the scheduler.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect