[one-users] vnc via proxy web server

Michał Madziar mma at nsense.net
Wed Oct 16 08:43:31 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-16 15:47, Wojciech Giel wrote:
> Hello,
Hi!
> I'm trying to configure opennebula 4.2 sunstone with lighttpd as a
> proxy on the same server on Centos 6.4. web proxy works fine
> unfortunately vnc doesn't.
Use firefox's developer console to see what the problem is. It could be:
- web socket not available outside (use proxy that supports websockets
or make helper app listen on outside interface)
- sunstone running in https connection and trying to load non-secure web
socket (change wss = only in config)
- self signed certificate (add CA to browser or paste link from console
in browser (with port like 29876) and accept certificate also there)
or a combination.

> I have firewalls down on hypervisors and management server, qemu is
> configured with vnc. I can connect directly to guest on hypervisors
> with virt-manager or vncviewer and vnc is working. without proxy vnc
> is working as well but with web proxy it doesn't.
You need to forward web sockets or reconfigure (I think I've seen such
option somewhere) noVNC to emulate WebSockets in http requests or just
allow websocketproxy.py to listen on outside interface. I've chosen the
last option.

br,
Michał