[one-users] Cannot create images using Sunstone self-service Cloud View 4.2

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 3 10:53:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

     I have enabled image creation in the cloud.yaml  view (see below).
But while the green create button appears, if I press it all that
happens is that I'm dumped into the dashboard page and get the message
"Error Cannot connect to OpenNebula Marketplace".

     Our systems are behind a proxy but I have had to delete the
http_proxy shell variable as otherwise sunstone can't talk to the oned
daemon if it goes through the proxy. I've also tried configuring
sunstone-server.conf to go directly to oned at 127.0.01 but that doesn't
work either.

     Any ideas on this? A cloud user not being able to create an image
is a great limitation to my mind. My hunch is that it is connected to
the failure to connect to the marketplace. I've also commented in and
out the market place settings in sunstone-server.conf but this has made
no difference.

                 Regards,
                     Gerry

    images-tab:
         panel_tabs:
             image_info_panel: true
         table_columns:
             - 0         # Checkbox
             - 1         # ID
             - 2         # Owner
             - 3         # Group
             - 4         # Name
             - 5         # Datastore
             - 6         # Size
             - 7         # Type
             - 8         # Registration time
             - 9         # Persistent
             - 10        # Status
             - 11        # #VMs
             #- 12       # Target
         actions:
             Image.refresh: true
             Image.create_dialog: true
             Image.chown: false
             Image.chgrp: false
             Image.chmod: false
             Image.enable: true
             Image.disable: true
             Image.persistent: true
             Image.nonpersistent: true
             Image.clone_dialog: true
             Image.delete: true

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341