[one-users] Cannot access Sunstone after upload image 500Gb

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 2 02:08:33 PDT 2013

In this case you can improve the overall performance deploying Sunstone and
oned in different physical machines, you can even deploy more than one
sunstone server. You may find useful the following guide:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:suns_advance

Note that sunstone use the tmp_dir variable in sunstone-server.conf to
store the files uploaded through sunstone, so if you are deploying sunstone
in a different machine you will have to export this directory to be
available in the machine where oned is running.

# /etc/one/sunstone-server.conf
# Directory to store temp files when uploading images
#
:tmpdir: /var/tmp

You should also consider using a different datastore such as Ceph where you
can distribute the I/O load among different hosts. Currently in OpenNebula
4.2 you can only specify one Ceph host, but in 4.4 we will include a
BRIDGE_LIST to specify more than one host.

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.4:ceph_ds

Cheers