[one-users] reg oneflow - service template

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 29 10:19:43 PST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Rajendar K <k.rajendar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>                   I am using opennebula 4.2, i have the following queries
> related to auto scaling features
>
> (i) Even when conditions met, scaling up takes long time to trigger.
>         For my trial,  I have used #periods 5   #period 30     cooldown 30
>
>         -> i can able to c the values 5/5 in the log,  and then it crosses
> 16/5 in course of time
>         -> Unable to trace down when it trigger actually.
>         hope it should trigger when it reaches 5/5 ?

This is a known bug, the period and period number inputs in sunstone are
inverted [1].
To solve it, execute:

$ sudo wget
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/5c7b370f6be5f4f9167d508bdd31b580f05dafd4/raw/src/sunstone/public/js/plugins/oneflow-templates.js-O
/usr/lib/one/sunstone/public/js/plugins/oneflow-templates.js

$ sudo wget
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/970c34464a1d5a71f3a9dfdd3d77d62883400857/raw/src/sunstone/public/js/plugins/oneflow-services.js-O
/usr/lib/one/sunstone/public/js/plugins/oneflow-services.js

Or wait a few days and upgrade to OpenNebula 4.4 :)

> (ii) Scheduled policies
>          -> For my trial i have specified
>                          start time -> 2013-11-29 10:30:30
>                   is my time format is correct? unable to scale up/down
> using this time format.

Could you paste the output of oneflow show -j ?

> (ii) is it like "AND" conditions, if i specify both (i) and (ii)?. I have
> tried separately (i) and (ii) but still in-vain.

No, they do not interfere with each other. Each condition (time, metrics
expression) is evaluated independently.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:known_issues
--