[one-users] opennebula 4.4.0

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Nov 28 08:49:52 PST 2013

Hi,

You are right, there is an inconsistency there.

This one is tricky... The problem comes from the fact that TOTAL != FREE +
USED.
USED is the amount of storage taken by OpenNebula, but FREE is the TOTAL -
storage taken by ONE or other (e.g. by the OS)

In the onedatastore list column and the sunstone table we use the TOTAL and
FREE. In the CLI to show the available percentage, and in Sunstone to show
the consumed percentage.
We could also make the percentages with TOTAL and USED; or USED and FREE,
and the 3 options would be true.

We will have to rethink this when we tackle issue 2402 [1]. DS will have a
logical ALLOCATED usage, and the code to determine scheduling and storage
capacity will be more similar to what we do in the hosts for cpu and memory.
Probably TOTAL will need to be reported as the total available for
opennebula, and not the total disk; discarding the storage taken outside
the datastore dir.

Regards

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2402
--