[one-users] Shared datastore only to cluster

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Thu Nov 28 08:47:10 PST 2013

Hi,
I believe you should be able to do this by creating a custom datastore driver.

I have a use case which is not too different than you. I created a 'localfs' datastore & transfer driver which is able to create images on a specific host, utilizing local disk storage (for performance reasons). While your storage is actually shared across hosts, it is similar to mine in that the filesystems only exist on host machines and not in the front-end.

All you should have to do is use a shared SYSTEM datastore and create a transfer driver which creates the proper symlinks in the system datastore over to the image in your ocfs2. I believe the iscsi drivers do something similar. You may want to take a look at them.

Hope that helps,
gary