[one-users] updating TEMPLATE from hooks with onevm update

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Nov 26 02:14:35 PST 2013

Hi,

When the VM is created, the template contents are parsed and stored in
VM/TEMPLATE. All the extra unknown attributes are stored in
VM/USER_TEMPLATE. You can see this with the onevm show -x command. The
onevm update action only allows to edit the USER_TEMPLATE attributes, and
as you described, the create hook is triggered after the VM has been
correctly created.

I don't see any easy way to make your work flow fit into OpenNebula. Could
you elaborate a bit more on your use case?

I'm assuming you want those two variables to end in the context section of
the VM. In that case the preferred way to do so would be to have a VM
Template for each Image, and in there set the needed variables.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc