[one-users] Unable to login to sunstone as user

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Nov 25 00:39:54 PST 2013

On 23 November 2013 10:34, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

> Quoting Stefan Kooman (stefan at bit.nl):
> > Quoting Daniel Molina (dmolina at opennebula.org):
> >
> > > You are getting a 500 error from the server, there should be an error
> > > message in /var/log/one/sunstone.error
> >
> > I have re-installed oned / sunstone from scratch. If I try to log in as
> > a user which is not a member of oneadmin group I get the errors in the
> > log as attached in this mail (sunstone.error). Can you figure out what's
> > happening here?
>
> Might this be an issue related to Ubuntu Saucy (13.10)? According to [1]
> Ubuntu Saucy would be a "certified linux distribution" if I'm not
> mistaken. I've build the packages (4.2.0, 4.3.85, 4.3.90) for Saucy in a
> pbuilder environment [2] which can be found here [3]. I'm not doing
> any weird things, it's a basic sunstone setup. I would be more than
> happy to provide you with a clone of the vm I'm working on (debugging
> purposes / system tests). See attachment for a list of installed
> packages (dpkg_list) / gems (gem_list).
>

>From your logs, it looks like the problem is related to this part of the
code, SunstoneViews.rb:

    def available_views(user_name, group_name)
        available_views = @views_config['users'][user_name] if
@views_config['users']
        available_views ||= @views_config['groups'][group_name] if
@views_config['groups']
        available_views ||= @views_config['default']

        return available_views
    end

Did you modify the ''/etc/one/sunstone-views/user.yaml'' file, could you
check the content of this file and its permissions?

Cheers

> Thanks,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan Kooman