[one-users] Sunstone LDAP and user passwords with special characters

Alvaro Simon asimon at cesga.es
Wed Nov 20 02:09:27 PST 2013

Dear ON community

We don't know if this is a known issue or not, we are using ON 4.2 and
Sunstone with LDAP support. We have notice that special characters like
white spaces are not working from Sunstone using LDAP auth, we got these
errors:

Wed Nov 20 09:49:10 2013 [E]: User carlosf could not be authenticated
Wed Nov 20 09:49:10 2013 [E]: execution expired
Wed Nov 20 09:49:10 2013 [I]: Unauthorized login attempt

If we change the user pass (without white spaces), sunstone is able to
authenticate the user again.

Have you experienced the same issue? any workaround available?

Thanks in advance!
Alvaro