[one-users] Contextualisation with "Upstart" (Users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 65)

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Mon Nov 18 01:08:50 PST 2013

On 2013-11-16 16:22, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu and other distro's seem to be standardising on "Upstart" and certainly as of 13.10 there
> seems to be an issue with simply linking vmcontext.sh into /etc/rc2.d. I've moved over to using
> the following script in /etc/init/ , which I'm guessing is backwards compatible with to at least
> Ubuntu 12.04 if not before.
>
> Where's the best place to post this sort of thing?
>

> # /etc/init/vmcontext.conf
> #
> # Create interfaces file before we start the network
> #
> description "create /etc/network/interfaces"
> start on (starting network-interface)
> console output
> pre-start script
> /etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh start
> ifup -a
> end script
> post-stop script
> /etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh stop
> end script

Mine /etc/init/vmcontext.conf is

start on startup and filesystem
task
exec /etc/init.d/vmcontext

and also I removed networking restart from
/etc/one-context.d/00-network, because it interfere with system
networking start scripts.

Regards, Rolandas

P.S. vmcontext should configure system, but not to interfere with
startup sequence (cloud-init does similarly).