[one-users] Contextualisation with "Upstart"

Gareth Bult gareth at linux.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 06:22:46 PST 2013

Hi,

Ubuntu and other distro's seem to be standardising on "Upstart" and certainly as of 13.10 there
seems to be an issue with simply linking vmcontext.sh into /etc/rc2.d. I've moved over to using
the following script in /etc/init/ , which I'm guessing is backwards compatible with to at least
Ubuntu 12.04 if not before.

Where's the best place to post this sort of thing?

# /etc/init/vmcontext.conf
#
# Create interfaces file before we start the network
#
description "create /etc/network/interfaces"
start on (starting network-interface)
console output
pre-start script
/etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh start
ifup -a
end script
post-stop script
/etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh stop
end script

--
	Gareth Bult
“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”