[one-users] Hybrid deployments with Deltacloud

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 8 04:49:35 PST 2013

Hi,

Currently the OpenNebula distribution just includes drivers to interact
with EC2 clouds, but it would not be difficult to develop a new driver to
interact with the deltacloud API. We can even create a new addon [1] for
this and I can give you some guidelines on how to develop this driver.

Basically you should create a new VMM_MAD based on the ec2 driver:
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/tree/master/src/vmm_mad/remotes/ec2

The ec2_driver.rb is the library that interacts with the EC2 API and each
script (deploy, reboot...) uses this library to send the ec2 commands.

If you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask me.

Cheers

[1] http://opennebula.org/addons:addons

On 7 November 2013 15:56, Marcin Jarzab <mj at agh.edu.pl> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I just installed the Deltacloud service and wondering if OpenNebula can be
> integrated with service in such way
> that inside hosts there can be "configured" external cloud installation.
> Such configuration is supported by the EC2 driver when using  Amazon
> clouds.
>
> In the following blog there is elaborated such deployment but how this can
> be achieved?
>
> http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=569
>
> Marcin
>
> --
> Ph.D. Eng. Marcin Jarzab  mj at agh.edu.pl http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/people/mj
>
> Department of Computer Science
> AGH University of Science and Technology
> Kawiory 21, Building D17, 30-055  Krakow, POLAND
> phone: +48 (12) 328 33 72

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula