[one-users] VM in UNKNOWN / paused on KVM

Dmitri Chebotarov dchebota at gmu.edu
Mon Nov 18 13:16:23 PST 2013

Hello

I¹ve encountered interesting issue today:

Few of running/active VMs were paused by multiple KVM hosts for unknown
reason. ONE sees them as UNKNOWN until I manually run Œvirsh resume <id>¹
on each KVM host.
I¹m not sure what is causing this strange behavior. ONE¹s log doesn't show
anything about pausing, just says 'VM running but it was not found.
Restart and delete actions available or try to recover it manually¹ once
VM is paused on KVM.

Affected KVM hosts are Ubuntu Server 13.10 (I have 2nd cluster running
RHEL 6, which seems to be OK).
I've noticed that it happened when KVM hosts were heavy loaded - I.e.
MEM/CPU used > 80%.

Does anyone know what could be the issue? May be a setting on KVM host?

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
VCL Sys Eng, Engineering & Architectural Support, TSD - Ent Servers &
Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404