[one-users] sunstone ceph/rados/rbd bug?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Sat May 18 10:36:22 PDT 2013

Hi George

The second disk is for the CONTEXT, a CD-ROM to include the information
described in that section, to be used by the VM at boot time. That device
is only for booting the VM so if you are not using it, just not select the
CONTEXT section in the template dialog in Sunstone (or update the template
and remove CONTEXT = [...])

If you do not like the idea of having a shared FS, (some people go that way
so they do not need a shared folder to just hold links an context CD's)
just remove any reference to CONTEXT and do not include any volatile disk
(those are also created in the system datastore)

If you need both (live migration + context/volatile) you need a shared FS,
that should not be a problem if the FS is good enough (you could even use
you ceph cluster through Ceph FS for that....)

Cheers

Ruben