[one-users] fibre channel datastore

Denis J. Cirulis denis.cirulis at gmail.com
Tue May 21 00:35:18 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have to setup proof of concept cloud using opennebula and zfs san.
I can not understand the correct scenario of running virtual machines from
FC:

1. Do I have to connect the FC datastore to opennebula server ?
2. Which driver should I use on compute nodes ?
3. Will my virtual machines be persistent during infrastructure reboots ?

I already had similar setup but with plain libvirt and kvm, the concept was
to use one lun per datastore from fc storage using fc hba and switch, which
was advertised to compute nodes as lvm vg, then each virtual machine had
1+n logical volumes from this vg as its hard drive. Backup was performed
via lvm snapshot and dd/rsync. There was a possibility to migrate storage
from one node to another without vm downtime using virsh block-copy --live.

What are the correct steps to achieve the same functionality on opennebula
4.0 ?
I'm running CentOS 6.4 both on opennebula server and compute nodes.

Thanks in advance!