[one-users] oned failed to start (raspberry pi - arch armv6, opennebula 3.8.1, selfcontained)

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Mon May 20 13:57:41 PDT 2013

FYI,

This is fixed with

https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/commit/b1c036c91afc79cbe60ea543c04c7917754911db

With that it works out-of-the-box in a raspberry pi.

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Paul Mayer <equilibrium87 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Carlos,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I will try to see whether I can get some more
> information through debugging.
> Since I cannot access the platform right now, it would be of great help if
> someone could tell me if there might
> be problems with ARM-based systems in general?
>
> Regards,
> Paul
>
> 2013/1/8 Carlos Martín Sánchez <cmartin at opennebula.org>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Try executing oned directly instead of one start, it may output more
>> information.
>> Anyway, if it fails before the log is created, you only need to debug
>> what's happening in oned.cc main(), and Nebula.cc start()
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Carlos Martín, MSc
>> Project Engineer
>> OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
>> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula<http://twitter.com/opennebula><cmartin at opennebula.org>
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Paul Mayer <equilibrium87 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have just built opennebula 3.8.1. from source on my raspberry pi
>>> (running arch).
>>> It's a self-contained install and my .bashrc contains ONE_LOCATION,
>>> ONE_AUTH and ONE_XMLRPC set.
>>> Also, PATH contains the bin folder of the install.
>>> However, if I try to run one start (as oneadmin), I just get:
>>> ----
>>> usage: oned [-h] [-v] [-f]
>>> oned failed to start
>>> ----
>>> That's it, there is no oned.log for me to check under var (only
>>> sched.log).
>>> The sched.log says:
>>>
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:00 2013 [SCHED][I]: Init Scheduler Log system
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:00 2013 [SCHED][I]: Starting Scheduler Daemon
>>>      Scheduler Configuration File
>>> DEFAULT_SCHED=POLICY=1
>>> HYPERVISOR_MEM=0.1
>>> LIVE_RESCHEDS=0
>>> MAX_DISPATCH=30
>>> MAX_HOST=1
>>> MAX_VM=300
>>> ONED_PORT=2633
>>> SCHED_INTERVAL=30
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:00 2013 [SCHED][I]: Starting scheduler loop...
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:00 2013 [SCHED][I]: Scheduler loop started.
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:02 2013 [SCHED][I]: Stopping the scheduler...
>>> Tue Jan  8 08:21:02 2013 [SCHED][I]: Scheduler loop stopped.
>>>
>>> Is there anything apparently wrong in there? I have no idea where to
>>> start looking right now.
>>>
>>> Any help would be much appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>> Paul

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 in Berlin, 24-26 September, 2013
--
Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect