[one-users] Attach DATABLOCK disk to IDE bus

Dmitri Chebotarov dchebota at gmu.edu
Thu May 16 09:17:13 PDT 2013

Hello,

How would one attach a disk to a VM with IDE bus?

Since IDE is not hotpluggable I cannot attach 2nd DATABLOCK disk to a
running VM.

(Thu May 16 11:50:01 2013 [VMM][I]: error: unsupported configuration: disk
bus 'ide' cannot be hot plugged.)

When I shutdown VM (from within the OS or 'Power Off' from GUI), status
changes to UNKNOWN/SHUTDOWN and 'Attach new disk' button is greyed-out.

Do I have to update OS to support scsi/virtio in order to add/remove
additional DATA disk(s)?
I was hopping I could add disk(s) after I shutdown/poweroff VM.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
VCL Sys Eng, Engineering & Architectural Support, TSD - Ent Servers &
Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404