[one-users] how to pass additional parameters to vmm driver

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Mar 28 08:14:24 PDT 2013

Hello Tobias,

we generally solve these issues by running an opennebula cli command in the
VMM drivers to gather all the missing information we would want. Take a
look at these two scripts [1][2].

I have the feeling you could achieve what you intend to do by writing the
command down in a well-known tag in the VM template (using OCA) and picking
it up later on using the xpath.rb technique used in the scripts above.

[1]
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/src/vmm_mad/remotes/kvm/attach_disk#L32
[2] https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/src/tm_mad/iscsi/mv#L85

cheers,
Jaime

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Tobias Zillner <tobias.zillner at gmx.at>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> i added a own function to opennebula. I just took the onevm shutdown and
> changed the names and so on. I created a own script on the driver.
> This works fine but i want to also send a command and not just the
> deploy_id to the driver.
>
> Wjich parts of the code do i have to modify?
> Is it also possible to show the result from the executed command to the
> user? Is there also a pipe or somethong? How to read from it?
>
> Can anybody help me here?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Regards,
>
> Tobias Zillner