[one-users] Is it possible to make an OCCI image capable of being instantiated but not cloned?

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Mar 25 02:55:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

     Is it possible to make an OCCI image capable of being instantiated
but not cloned? I'm thinking about the case where an image might contain
sensitive information, e.g. passwords, etc, that is used on first boot
and then deleted. However, if the imaged can be cloned before being run
then the information could be accessed by attaching the cloned image to
an already running machine.

   I understand that cloning is part of the basic image instantiation
deployment but can it be distinguished and protected from a user image copy?

     Regards,
       Gerry

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341