[one-users] Chef cookbook for OpenNebula (to be used with Vagrant)

Giovanni Toraldo me at gionn.net
Thu Mar 21 12:37:30 PDT 2013

Hi Javier,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Javier Fontan <jfontan at opennebula.org> wrote:
> Any reason why this is installed using source code and not using
> packages? And other question I have after browsing the files, how does
> it download the code? I could not figure out how the source code
> reaches the vagrant machine.

this is how Vagrant actually works: it launches a virtual machine and
expose the current working directory into the virtual machine using a
shared folder (http://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/getting-started/synced_folders.html).

It's nice to have OpenNebula running inside a VM with all dependencies
automatically installed in a few minutes, and you can easily modify
OpenNebula source code from your IDE running on your host machine.

I hope to be able to expand the chef recipes to cover also the
OpenNebula installation via binary packages and to automate the
opennebula configuration.

Cheers,
--
Giovanni Toraldo