[one-users] help, using DHCP for creating VMs

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Mar 20 14:37:06 PDT 2013

Hi

Note that the IP assignment in OpenNebula is not enforced, they are used to
generate MAC addresses, so you can freely generate a Virtual Networks.

I see a couple of options:

1.- Do not use virtual networks at all. Add interfaces as: (you may need to
update restricted attributes in OpenNebula)

NIC = [ MAC = "00:02:01:02:03:04" ]

2.- Use a ranged network to get mac addresses and let OpenNebula track the
MACs in use. You can use any IP range as MACs are generated as 00:02:<ip
address> (00:02 can be set in oned.conf). In this case the IP's shown by
OpenNebula will not match those assigned by the DHCP server.

3.- Create a fixed network with the MAC-IP pairs configured in the DHCP
server.

Cheers

Ruben

--
Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid