[one-users] kvm ide limit

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Mon Mar 11 09:08:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

Is there any TARGET attribute in the images? Can you check (or send to the
list) deployment.0 or onevm show -x <vm_id> and look for the actual target
assigned to the DISK?

OpenNebula should give hda (or sda or vda depending on the DEV_PREFIX)
to spacewalk-server-sl61_p1 and and hdc to spacewalk-server-p2, that should
fit in one ide controller....
(hdb is for context) [1]

Cheers

Ruben

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:template#disks_device_mapping

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Gareth de Vaux <opennebula at lordcow.org>wrote:

> Hi all, I'm trying to create a VM with this template:
>
> NAME = spacewalk
> CPU    = 2
> MEMORY = 6144
>
> OS = [ ARCH = "x86_64" ]
>
> DISK = [ IMAGE = "spacewalk-server-sl61_p1" ]
>
> DISK = [ IMAGE = "spacewalk-server-p2" ]
>
> NIC = [ MAC    = "40:00:00:00:00:17",
>         bridge = "br0" ]
>
> GRAPHICS = [ type   = "vnc",
>              listen = "127.0.0.1",
>              port   = "1031" ]
>

> but it fails with:
>
> error: internal error Only 1 ide controller is supported
>
> Which I see other people reporting, but the docs claim kvm supports
> 4 ide devices?
>
> I'm using the debian packaged 3.4.1-3.1 version of opennebula,
> and qemu-kvm 1.1.2+dfsg-5.
>
> spacewalk-server-sl61_p1 is an image of type OS, spacewalk-server-p2
> of type DB.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect