[one-users] Leftover checkpoint files after resume

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Wed Mar 27 11:45:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,
Last night I had to do some maintenance on one of our storage servers which required it to be shutdown & rebooted. So, I did a report of any VM's which used that server as its backing store and suspended those vm's. I did my maintenance and resumed the vm's. It all went great. But, I noticed that all the checkpoint files are still in the datastore taking up around 60GB of space. I have a few questions:
1. Can I safely remove them? I would think so, but want to double-check before I hose something up.
2. Should they have been deleted once the vm was successfully resumed?

I'm running ONE 3.8.1. I found some bug reports related to checkpoint files, but they were from older releases and seemed to be closed.

Thanks for any info.
gary