[one-users] Migration to 4.0.1 problem

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Jun 26 05:46:56 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

A quick update for anyone interested. André sent me more information off
list, and it looks like all his VM XMLs are missing the HISTORY element.
This element stores the current Host, and it is expected to be there for
running VMs. That is the cause of the segfault.

The migrator 3.9.80_to_3.9.90.rb updates this HISTORY element, so I tried
to reproduce André's environment:
OpenNebula 3.8.3, MySQL, ruby 1.8.7-p352.

All the VMs are still running after the upgrade, and all of them have the
updated HISTORY elements.
I also tried to migrate one of André's VMs, and that worked too.

In short: works for me.

André, can you provide any other information about your setup that may be
relevant? Did you install from sources, packages...

Regards

--
Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013