[one-users] datablock - poor performance

Andrei Vakhnin andrey.a.vakhnin at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 21 14:41:21 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am wondering if qcow2 datablock gives a better performance over raw format. Do I have to use separate datastore to be able to use qcow2 images?  I am getting performance hit (only 12MB/s) when using 50GB non-persistent raw datablock formatted as ext3. Thanks

200000+0 records in
200000+0 records out
1638400000 bytes (1.6 GB) copied, 157.853 s, 10.4 MB/s

real    2m40.021s
user    0m0.042s
sys     0m3.839s

oneadmin at xxx:~> oneimage show 38
IMAGE 38 INFORMATION
ID             : 38
NAME           : data_loc
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
DATASTORE      : default
TYPE           : DATABLOCK
REGISTER TIME  : 12/05 15:34:46
PERSISTENT     : No
SOURCE         : /var/lib/one/datastores/1/bee8c51f03a40657a114ee3cf505d2a1
FSTYPE         : ext3
SIZE           : 48.8G
STATE          : used
RUNNING_VMS    : 2