[one-users] How to use Ceph/RBD for System Datastore

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 29 07:39:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

as Jens said, the HOST attribute is mandatory in the Ceph datastore
template (it's not CEPH_HOST, but HOST by the way). This is  reflected in
the documentation:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:ceph_ds

However, it *should* use the default one specified it ceph.conf (localhost)
but it doesn't. This is a known issue and will be fixed in future versions:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:known_issues#drivers_-_storage<http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:known_issues?&#drivers_-_storage>

Regards,
Jaime

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Jens Kristian Søgaard <
jens at mermaidconsulting.dk> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>

>   >> Sun Jul 28 18:52:29 2013 [TM][E]: clone: Command "rbd copy one/one-6
>> one/one-6-2-0" failed: You must specify a subsystem to invoke.
>>  >> Sun Jul 28 18:52:29 2013 [TM][I]: usage: ssh
>>

>  I tried to rewrite the ssh_exec_and_log command so I could see the full
>> command that was being executed, but all I get is the original error
>> message:
>>

> I saw something similar to this before. This happened because $CEPH_HOST
> was empty or not included properly in the command line.
>
> Try substituting $CEPH_HOST with the verbatim hostname you expected to be
> there and test if that works.
>

> --
> Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
> jens at mermaidconsulting.dk,
> http://www.mermaidconsulting.**com/ <http://www.mermaidconsulting.com/>

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013