[one-users] Cannot access Sunstone after upload image 500Gb

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 29 02:46:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 29 July 2013 08:17, Mohammad Fazli Ahmat Jalaluddin
<fazli.mmu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm using OpenNebula 4.0.1, and  I configured the filesystem using NFS.
>
> After I try to upload a 500Gb image file, after some time, several error
> message comes out and after that, the browser logs out
> and when I'm want to login back, I got this error message
>
> "No answer from server. Is it running?"
>
> Is it natural?
>
> The problem is actually, when a user want to access their VM via sunstone,
> they cannot access if other user try to upload a huge size of image.
> So, somehow it defeats the purpose of having Cloud.
>
> Is there any method to overcome this problem?

Do you have enough space in your disk? When uploading images through
Sunstone temp files will be stored in /var/tmp and then moved to the given
datastore.

You can change this directory in the sunstone-server.conf:
# Directory to store temp files when uploading images
#
:tmpdir: /var/tmp

Hope this helps

> Thank you very much for helping me.